PARENTS HELPING PARENTS
It is our privilege to serve the parents of our SEA youth. In our many years working with SEA families, we have been deeply inspired by the incredible resilience of our parents’ spirit, and by their powerful commitment to personal growth.
We offer these parenting courses in a group setting. We believe that communal participation enhances the personal and emotional growth of all who participate.
THE PARENTS HELPING PARENTS PURPOSE STATEMENT
The SEA parenting program was created to serve families facing the modern challenge of raising moral children in nonviolent and nourishing ways, within the context of a violent society. We achieve this goal by teaching new, proactive parenting skills within an atmosphere of respect, love and compassion. We encourage and motivate groups of parents to evolve into support groups, which provide parents with opportunities for problem solving, networking, friendship, social activities, and personal empowerment. Parenting instructors become responsible for modeling, guiding, and accompanying the families on their journeys toward mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
Participating parents will learn how to:
- Discipline in a proactive way
- Influence the behavior of their children
- Discipline their children in chaotic and confusing situations
- Acquire information about resources in their community
- Form support groups with other parents
Registration for Parenting Classes
If you are interested in registering for parenting classes, simply follow these three steps:
- Click on the “Parenting Classes” tab above, and select a class that is convenient for you.
- Call the parenting instructor assigned for the chosen class, and let him or her know that you wish to enroll.
- Request registration forms for the class. The parenting instructor will send you these forms.